I Spent the day at Wicken with Trevor, we dodged the rain and got the ladder up and propped against the shed so that we could remove the ram and fit a new gaiter. After a bit of brute force we succeeded in removing the top mounting fitted the gaiter and started refixing the mount, after a couple of false starts we finally worked out the correct order for reassembly
The next problem was depressing the ladder, since it was near maximum elevation and very little weight on it we found that it did not want to depress! Attaching a ratchet strap encouraged it to return to the horizontal.
I then started work on the front O/S locker and have cut out the front and work can continue on Sunday