The AGM was held on the 25th April and following this more work was carried out. The head light surrounds were refitted with new rubbers and new rear indicators were fitted to match the fronts ones fitted earlier. The refurbished indicator switch and flasher unit were also refitted, but there appears to be a problem with the power supply which needs investigation, might just be a fuse needed We started to remove the body panels to replace the rotten wood in the lockers, which will also aid in sorting the stuck jack.
We started to get the panels off and found that the ply wood behind the panels was crumbling with dry rot. It has been decided that we will strip all the back of the appliance, deck and lockers to expose all the wood frame and cut out and remove any suspect areas. It might mean that the work takes a few months longer but at least we will know that this will need no further attention for at least 20 years. Several members attacked the paintwork with T Cut and polish and brought the finish back up after the steam clean, it was impressive as I never saw that much enthusiasm with polishing cloths on the station